Business Skills Visas GeelongThis business skills visa program is for business people with a proven track record in running a successful business or operating at a senior level in a large company. Most of these visas are two steps:
1. Provisional visa applied for first and after two years
2. Permanent residence provided eligibility criteria is met.
Essential components for an applicant for a business skills visa include:
- a proven track record in business
- meet minimum turnover requirements for qualifying businesses
- meet asset requirements
- meet age requirements.
Employer Sponsored Visas
There are two types of employer sponsored Visas for people seeking to be sponsored and employed by an Australian business. These are:
- Temporary Sponsored Visas - this is where an employer is unable to meet the skills need from the local labour market. The employer can sponsor an employee to work up to four years on a temporary basis. At the end of this period the employee needs to either leave Australia, apply for another temporary Visa or they may be eligible to apply for permanent residency.
- Permanent Employer Sponsored Migration: There are two common visas in this section:
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) - Assists employers in regional or low population growth areas in Australia.
- Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS) - Designed for Australian employers to recruit permanent, highly skilled staff from abroad or currently in Australia on a temporary visa.
Business visas with state sponsorship have lower limits for turnover, net and total assets. The age limit for a state sponsored business visa is up to 55, without sponsorship applicants must be less than 45. A comprehensive application, a credible business plan and understanding the requirements of state and territory sponsorship are essential for success.
If you are thinking of setting up a business in Australia it is a very good idea to apply first for a temporary business skills visa to come here and research your ideas.
Contact Opal Immigration Services in Victoria, Australia to assist with your Business Skills Visa application.