Temporary Work Visas
The most common temporary work visa is the SC457. This is an employer sponsored visa which has possibilities for international students and more experienced workers, both off and onshore. It is the visa used by employers facing a skills shortage in the local labour force. This visa places a lot of responsibility on employers. Despite being only a temporary work visa this is a complicated visa to get right.
- The employer must demonstrate that they have a commitment to training their Australian workforce.
- The applicant must be paid at the market rate ie the going rate for that job in that region or workplace. NB The market rate cannot be less than $47480 and higher for IT occupations.
- There is no upper age limit (within reason)
- Applicants must have IELTS results of 5/4
- A formal skills assessment is not usually required (exceptions apply) however the applicant must provide evidence that they have relevant qualifications and/or work experience.
- This visa period can be one day to four years.
"Opal Immigration Services were exceptional in assisting MicroPellets Australia to ensure our Technical Director could work in Australia. Without their assistance and knowledge, I am sure we would have wasted many hours, experienced plenty of frustration and possibly been unsuccessful. Today our Technical Director has added the necessary technical capabilities to our company achieving our aim of being one of the leading suppliers in our industry."
Simon Pearse, Managing Director, MicroPellets Australia