- A skills assessment is mandatory and your occupation has to be on an applicable list.
- Age limits and English language tests apply
- This visa is points tested
- You may benefit from state or family sponsorship.
- A broad range of occupations applies.
- Some applicants are exempt from a skills assessment.
- English language testing applies for most applicants
- Evidence of labour market testing is usually required.
- “Genuineness” criteria strictly assessed.
Temporary Work – the 457 Visa
- Hands down the most rule bound, complicated visa.
- When you get it right a faster alternative to sponsoring overseas staff
- Employers and visa applicants need to fully understand their obligations and limitations.
The 400 series
- Alternative options for short term employment
- Specific categories such as highly skilled, sport, entertainment and religious activities apply
- This series of visas is increasingly in demand.
- Partner visa application refusals now at 13%
- Increase in the number of refusals at permanent stage.
- Due to an increase in fraud this pathway has become more difficult, slower and more expensive.
- Read what Opal has to say about Partner visas in ‘Airport Reunion Closes Long Distance to Love’ on 9news.com.au
- We see a lot of clients who have lodged a visa themselves and it has been refused.
- One shot: the visitor visa is refused outright without any opportunity to provide additional information to the case officer.
- The most common reason for refusal is the catch all “not a genuine visitor”.
- Assisting your parents to migrate is a huge decision and a major upheaval for your parents.
- Apart from cost, there are many decisions to get right: onshore, offshore, temporary or straight to permanent and of course, health.
- To be eligible for any parent visa you must meet the “Balance of Family Test”.